Sunday, November 9, 2014

One Day at a Time: Nursing School (this far)

Nothing can really prepare you for the demands of nursing school or the amazing, challenging experiences that it will bring your way.  Studying hours upon hours for one exam, only to close that book to pick up a different one become you have three that week alone. Simulation lab -- seriously, enough said. And just learning to survive everything they sling at you one day at a time, one exam at a time, and one clinical at a time.  So, here's a quick look at my first four months of nursing school, where I might add I have officially passed every exam so far! *does happy dance*



What I Wore: First Day of Class Outfit
that changed pretty fast to either scrubs or hoodies
First Day of Class Outfit + my grandpa's birthday

After passing my first ever nursing school exam
When Clinicals Started
 
When Hardees coffee became a life saver and hoodies the new study norm

 Or any food really


the joy of soda anytime
and the joy of hamburgers cause it is Monday
of course accompanied by my pharm notes
 
 


 those random free days that are marvelous
where you get to see friends
or go on trips
or when one of your friend lets you crash at their house just to eat pizza and watch TV
(thanks, Nicole Ella)
 
Cannot believe that I am already halfway finished with this first semester of nursing school. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was freaking out about orientation and first day of classes. Now, I am freaking out about pharmacology exams and learning all of those drugs (I see you, cardio drugs), getting enough study hours in, understanding what the theory exam is going to cover (electrolytes!), IV check offs, any lab check offs, not oversleeping for 6:30 AM clinical in the next county over, doing well in clinical, and breathing deep in SIMs lab.  It has been an experience and it is just getting started.
 
extra points if you can find me :p
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment